Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My Top 10 Favs for 2006

Since a large majority of the blogs I read have been listing their favs for 2006, I thought I would join the band wagon.

1. Red 4GB iPod Nano
The best bday present ever. The beautiful metallic red color is much better in life than over the web.

2. Black Riding Boots
After seeing skinny jeans hit the fashion scene and searching for the perfect boots to wear with them, I discovered these via Lucky Mag. They are definently a buget way to look fashionable and unique.

3. Smashbox Lip Stain
See my post below extolling the virtues of this lip stain

4. MINI Cooper
I have been lusting after MINI Coopers for the past 2 years, when my car finally died, I bit the bullet and bought it. I love it, it's the perfect city car and is a great value purchase. I have also meet a bunch of cool people from the Chicago MINI Motoring Club and done some cool events.

5. White Ralph Lauren Sunglasses
I found these at Nordstrom Rack for the lovely price of $20 (originally $120)

6. Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm
I didn't discover this till the Xmas Eve after dieing of chapped lips. The minty rosey taste is refreshing and fun.

7. Lucky's XLong Jeans
Finding long jeans/pants has been difficult my whole life. Lucky is one of the few stores to stock long jeans in store and to have xlongs. These are the perfect length with heels (a most for every tall girl).

8. J.Crew Summer Skirts
I LOVE J.Crew's summer skirts. Every summer I buy at least 4 or 5 of them. I try to wait till they go on sale, but sometimes they just call me. Usually the price doesn't break the budget too much... Nothing says summer like an elegant, pintucked/pleated knee length skirt.

9. Bobbi Brown Makeover
This makeover started my current love affair with makeup. I wasn't the type of girl to wear anything other than lip gloss, but after this makeover that inhanced my "natural" beauty. Now I am more adventurous, but I will never forget looking in the mirror after the makeover and being shocked...

10. 2 Louis Ghost Chairs by Starck
As a lover of modern furniture and Domino Mag, I was so excited to see these chairs on sale at the DWR Outlet Sale. They bring the right touch of modern and tradition to my apartment

No comments: